Late summer camp spots still available
Camp Yokey’s 3D animation class which runs several times throughout the summer has been a hit with the kids and really fun! There are spots in some of our camp sessions still remaining, sign up at http://www.CampYokey.com
During our week long summer course we covered various topics relating to 3D software and design. We introduced the campers to a program called Cinema 4D. We covered how to
● navigate the user interface
● build a scene with basic polygonal figures
● keyframing animations
The campers left feeling very excited after rendering their first scene! We learned how to download 3D assets and import them into a scene. We also covered
● texturing with diffuse, normal and bump maps
● how to mimic water using shaders and simulating liquids
● terrains and grass
● creating custom 3D humanoid characters Campers added 3D assets until their scene began to look like a cohesive environment. We also covered
● creating custom materials for scene objects
● utilizing motion capture data.
● Test rendering animations
After brainstorming throughout the week, campers continued structuring the environments in which the final animations would take place.
● Began working on final projects
● Imported animated characters with mixamo
The campers worked diligently to finalize their projects! Each of them created their own unique world with custom characters. They also included a song of their choice to use in their final video which the campers got to take home.